sections

IMSU Students’ Hostel Engulfed in Flames Following Cooking Gas Explosion, Five Injured


IMSU Students' Hostel Engulfed in Flames Following Cooking Gas Explosion, Five Injured

Five students at Imo State University, Owerri, suffered injuries in a hostel fire triggered by a faulty cooking gas cylinder. The incident, which occurred at Mega Lodge in Okwu Uratta, Owerri North Local Government Area, was linked to a nearby food vendor’s gas cylinder malfunction. The injured students are presently undergoing medical treatment at the Federal University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Owerri. Fortunately, no lives were lost in the incident, but the victims sustained injuries of varying degrees. Authorities are likely investigating the cause of the gas explosion to prevent such incidents in the future.


0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *